Improving your home’s curb appeal will ultimately add value to your property by boosting its overall appearance. The great thing about curb appeal is that it’s relatively easy to achieve with some simple adjustments. Today in this post, we are going to provide you with lesser popular elements of landscape design that can significantly boost your home’s curb appeal and make your home’s exterior look fantastic.
- Fence your home: There is something attractive and eye-catching about homes that are fenced. Whether you go with vinyl, wood, ornamental iron, or any other type of fencing material, a fence will always make your home stand out from the crowd. It’s apparent that fencing is an integral part of landscape design.
- Take advantage of mixed shrubs: A few years ago, Orion, MI homeowners used to put in place foundation plantings to conceal the raised structures of their homes. But thanks to the improvements in the construction industry, foundation plantings no longer serve this particular function. However, there are other compelling reasons to grow foundation planting, including to conceal unattractive vinyl sidings as well as to cover the bleak appearance of lawns that don’t feature any mature trees.
- Plant living walls: Today, interior designers are designing vertical gardens inside commercial structures, and there is no reason why you shouldn’t try this at home! If fences aren’t your thing, then the best alternative would be to grow tall hedges around your property’s boundary. Living walls that feature loosely grouped plants can also be a great option.
- Install water fountains: Besides selecting the appropriate color scheme for your landscaping and the right seasonal flowering plants that beautify your home’s exterior, you may also want to install water fountains. We have all seen those majestic, peaceful outdoor fountains in a courtyard or garden! They will significantly boost your home’s overall curb appeal. After all, they are not just appealing to your eyes, but your ears as well. The gurgling sounds produced by water fountains offer a soothing and highly relaxing effect. What’s more, being closer to a water fountain has been shown to have a cooling effect on your mind.
- Create container gardens: If you don’t have much space in your yard, then you should consider creating and maintaining container gardens. Container gardens allow you to grow herbs and other outdoor plants without requiring a garden or allotment. They can add structure as well as style to your outdoor spaces. And most importantly, through container gardening, you can grow and maintain flowers in a cold climate. And you can transfer them indoors during the winter season.
- Design your driveway: The driveway is an important factor when it comes to designing your home’s landscape. But in this context, we are simply talking about your property entryway’s landscaping. And there are potentially endless ways to make your driveway exciting and appealing and attract potential visitors to your front door. And one proven technique is to fill your stone driveway that leads to your front door with lush green grass or even flowerbeds on either side of the driveway. This will certainly draw the attention of your visitors.
Looking for a Professional Landscape Company?
Contact Sinacori Landscaping today. Call us at 248-651-5400. We hope to chat with you soon!